- Getting the Most from this Program
- Checking In
- Polyvagal Theory (Optional)
- Live Discussion: Nervous System States
- Shutdown (animated)
- What Gear is Your Body In?
- What Are You Noticing?
- Week Two Recording
- Exercise: Feeling Like Myself
- Stephen Porges: Safety and the Nervous System (optional)
- Try This 2
- Live Discussion: Getting Unstuck
- Window of Tolerance
- Signs That We're Out of the Window
- When Our Window is Small
- Our Resource List
- Exercise: Finding the Oasis
- Week Three Recording
- Try This 3
- Checking In
- Merry Christmas!
- Emotions in Action
- Live Discussion: A Feeling is Just a Feeling
- Difficult Emotions
- The Rhythm of Regulation
- Week Four Recording
- Live Discussion: Letting Go of Shoulds, Shame, Self-Blame and Perfectionism
- Loving Kindness Meditation
- Beautiful You
- Favourite songs
- Brene Brown: The Power of Vulnerability (Optional)
- Mid-point Feedback
- Week Five Recording
- Try This 5
- Live Discussion: Working With Negative Thoughts
- Week Six Recording
- Questions to Ask
- Try This 6
- Live Discussion: Difficult and Challenging Situations
- Resiliency Discussion with Kathy Kain and Irene Lyon (Optional)
- Quotations About Adversity
- When The Body Says No - Dr. Gabor Mate (Optional)
- Week Seven Recording
- Connecting to Coherence
- Try This 7
- Wired for Connection
- Live Discussion: Effects of Relationships
- Circles of Relationships
- Live Discussion: Connecting to Meaning and Purpose
- Live Discussion: Celebration, Appreciation, and a Plan
- Post a Public Review
Will an online program help me feel truly connected?
The goal of Turning the Tide is to build a safe, supportive network, and we begin doing this during our first video chat, and continue throughout our full 10 weeks together. You'll have the opportunity to get to know other participants, to open up and share at your own pace, and to stay in touch with group members (if you choose) after the program is complete. Graduates report how important it is not to feel alone in depression, and how valuable they found the program in this respect.
Will my information be private and secure?
I've put a lot of thought and work into ensuring that the program is confidential. The online platforms that host Turning the Tide meet the stringent requirements for the provision of counselling, so you can feel comfortable that your personal information is secure.
How much support will be available?
You can reach out 24/7 while taking the program. I will respond during working hours (M-F, 9-5 Pacific Time), and will be available during our weekly online meetings, where we'll discuss and share our experiences and thoughts. Others in the group may post questions and respond at any time of day. If your circumstances require another option, please let me know.
How much does it cost?
Turning the Tide costs $197. This works out to less than $13/hour for three months of clinical counselling. That's just one of the advantages of group counselling - you'll also have access to the ideas and experiences of others in the group. Previous participants have freely shared resources, strategies and hope with each other.
What if I don't have the energy, time or money?
If you're worried about your ability to complete the program, know that there are other, shorter options available. You can build your stamina, save your dollars and spend more time resting and caring for yourself - it's important to do what is right for you, personally. If funding is your main concern, let's talk - there may be funding available from a community agency, or we can come up with a payment plan that will work for you. Contact me, and we can talk about options.